Each participating country/region may at most submit one (1) team.
Each participating country’s/region's team is limited to a total of twelve (12) people which comprises of the following:
- One (1) team leader
- Two (2) coaches (1 taolu coach only; 1 sanda coach only)
- One (1) doctor
- Four (4) taolu athletes (maximum one (1) athlete per taolu event)
- Four (4) sanda athletes (maximum one (1) athlete per weight division, with a limit of three (3) male sanda athletes in total)
Only the competitors who satisfy the following conditions may take part in a FISU World University Championships:
- Be a national of the country they represent;
- Be at least 17 and less than 25 years of age on January 1st in the year of the event; for 2018, athletes must be born between the 01/01/1993 and the 31/12/2000
- Meet the conditions laid out below:
- Students who are currently officially registered as proceeding towards a degree or diploma at a university or similar institute whose status is recognized by the appropriate national academic authority of their country.
- Former students of the institutions mentioned in above who have obtained their academic degree or diploma in the year preceding the event.
All international technical officials (ITOs) are appointed jointly by the IWUF and FISU.
The Organizing Committee and the National Sports Federation will appoint NTOs to complement the team of technical officials required for Wushu.
The Technical Meeting for team managers and coaches will take place in at 10:00 (Macau Time) on August 1st, 2018 during which all matters related to the competition will be announced. Each team should send two representatives for taolu and two representatives for sanda to attend this meeting.
The drawing-lots will be conducted following the Technical Meeting on August 1st, 2018. Each teammay send two taolu and two sanda representatives to attend the ceremony. The Technical Delegate will draw on behalf of the teams that are unable to send a representative to attend.
The weighing-in for sanda athletes will take place at 07:00 (Macau Time) on August 1st, 2018.
Doping control will be conducted during the Universiade according to the requirements of FISU and World Anti-Doping Agency.